Our new Q&A feature, Last Orders, kicks off with new United & Etnies flow team recruit Harry Mills-Wakley. If this isn’t enough Harry for you, go check out his bike check and team page that recently got posted over on the United site.
1. What’s the last thing you did on your bike that you were psyched on?
It has to be an oppo pegs to 360 at the 4Down park, as no one else has set the rail up on top of one of the moveable ledges before, creating something new to session. It sent you high and far.
2. What’s the last thing you tried on your bike that didn’t work out?
Ahh, definitely tailwhips, I have been trying on and off for a while now and it still doesn’t seem to happen.
3. What’s the last thing that made you proud to ride BMX?
I recently moved to Liverpool for university, I knew nobody at first but after spending a fair amount of time at Rampworx I met a lot of new riders and they are all super cool and were very welcoming in offering me to go riding with them, cheers to all those guys.
4. What’s the last thing that made you ashamed to ride a BMX?
Definitely when people see that you are trying something on your bike and they go and do it first try, that really annoys me a lot, it’s not a competition!
5. What’s the last BMX video you watched?
The Afray 2013 mixtape
6. What’s the last song you listened to?
Gang Starr, next time
7. What’s the last website you visited?
8. What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
Almost crashing on a roundabout in Brighton on the long trek back to Exeter with Jamie Skinner. I said “turn” and he just did it without looking and almost went straight into the side of another car…
9. What’s the last thing that annoyed you?
When some drunk guy called me sh*t locks, that annoyed me a bit…
10.What’s the last thing you did before filling this out?
I spent a couple days in Hastings filming a welcome edit at the 4Down ramps with James Cox.